Sorts of hosting solutions
A hosting solution appertains to stockpiling and/or sharing particular content on a web hosting server handled by a web hosting company. There are different varieties of hosting services used for different aims, so let's have a glimpse at these. Thus, you can decide what you need, on the basis of whether you'd like to create a blog, email addresses, or to share files with comrades and associates.
- File hosting: a service supplied by particular web hosts, which enables you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only goal is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free file hosting accounts frequently involve advertisements by the download links, while a timer makes you await a specific amount of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you have a paid file storage account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely erroneous explanation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would share the load between autonomous sets of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending different web hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is simply a kind of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; specific companies provide a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting brand is suitable if you wish to share a huge amount of pics with comrades or partners since the solution is usually free of cost. You will receive a random link for each and every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for sites.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to handling your emails. Some vendors provide web hosting services for sites, but do not offer an e-mail service. If you desire to create an email address with your domain name but do not wish to keep a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you need. You can create electronic mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video file brings about a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of videos and several hundred website visitors, you may have trouble with your web space hosting reserves. Embedding the video will allow you to keep as many video clips as you desire without worrying about system supplies.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you require if you wish to possess a website. To some degree, it incorporates all of the aforesaid hosting brands since, along with your websites, you can also host images and files, you can create databases and mail address accounts, upload videos, and so on. At AIDA Host, for example, you can explore web hosting and dedicated server hosting solutions that allow you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in a single location. There may be limitations based on the type of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web page hosting package may be better or worse juxtaposed to the typical email/file/video/image hosting packages that are purposed for specific web content solely.